Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gonzo - 2007

I like that the MC has never even seen a Gonzo!

Powerpoint is fun. Nice color schemes Tiff!

I'm already juiced on all the cookies and the chocolate dipped strawberries in the back.

The real, live piano makes for some classy offerings this year.

E reports that the strawberries are already 86ed. It is 1:12. Is that some kind of record? e feels jilted.

Thanks Ben and Cara for the Prelude from Five Bagatelles. I don't know much about music, but that was fun to listen to. E adds that the Law Library, from which they hail, rocks.

Thanks for that guest commentary E. She'll be joining me for as long as her attention span and blood sugar permit.

There seems to be a group audience mad lib going on. We have
yellow (from Barbara)
Deb Carver (from ARB)
on the floor (from E)
Oops! I did it again (from Laura)
a very large zucchini (Tom S.)
Pee Wee (Paul F.)

Jen performs the worst poem in the world. Nicely done, Jen. That poem sucks! Plop!

I love the systems department. I'm not just kissing up to them, as they rule my life as I know it. But, I'm just tickled that you are up there. I like the bug and the flying silly string. And, practical tips along with entertainment. That's Gonzo at its best.

Victoria is coming up. Poor Jaconda! The great depths of despair expressed in this aria have driven E to the cookie table. Poor E!
What a voice! The piano sounds great too.
Inquiring minds want to know if she does that around the office. Sadly, the answer is no. I wish we got to hear more of Victoria signing.

Aimee is back to hula. How great to see you again. Waika is about a warrior and what sustains him. He discovers that it's not honor or glory, but love of the land and his family. We should all be so lucky. Someday I hope we'll get Aimee a full live band to do her dancing justice.

We don't have the song on CD as planned, so it's Hukilau Unplugged! Erica is gorgeous with a big belly full of baby.

*break*

Some guy in a very nice bathrobe and bike is here. This is his 2nd Gonzo. He's still impressed with last year's fashion show.

The cookie police are fierce. Snap! Snap!

More mad libs:
pulcratudiness (Pam) all bets are off on the spelling
Pinky toe (Jen)

The man Harrison Ford called "His sexist man alive" Tom Stave
Factfile Live from the Gonzo stage
If I close my eyes it sounds just like NPR.
Organic cookies are the prizes. I'm totally jealous.
Snappy commentary by the panelists, ok, by some of them.

Mama Look a Booboo by Los Invisibles. They look amazing as always. And the instrumentation and signing gets better each year.
I wish I could remember some of the lyrics, but I'm laughing too hard to type.
followed by....
Sly and the Family Stone. Amen!

more mad libs
Dodge ball (by Jeff?)
4 wheelin' (Shirien)

Ben with a Shan-sonne or the Donkey Serenade. There's some sort of bestiality kink getting expressed here. 'Nuff said. All kidding aside, Ben continues to amaze on the keys.

[The following from guest blogger Dave "The Exterminator" Fowler]
A poetry slam...oh my! Judging from the participants, truly bad poetry appears to be guaranteed.

Who knew there were so many beatniks in the Knight!

Andrew has a soul patch!

Youtubiverse?

Dear librarian... Please fix your search engine! lol

Annie is channeling William Shatner....

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...who be the hippest poet of them all?

Dan the Art Man!

-Thanks for helping while I had my moment of glory in the sun.

Thanks everyone! C U next yr!

1 comment:

50 Something Guy said...

Alright! Live commentary during the Gonzo Review. Incredibly hip.